Do you love sharing recipes? Yumblog is a simple theme for food bloggers to publish recipes, meals and tips easily.
View Recipes Anywhere on Any Device
We’ve gone to great lengths to ensure your recipes can be easily viewed and printed on any medium. Simple load in your content and Yumblog handles the rest!
Supports Jetpack Recipe Shortcode
Embed recipes into your posts and make them look amazing with a handwritten recipe design. Instructions for embedding recipes can be found here.
Supports Jetpack Infinite Scroll
Visitors can endlessly scroll through your blog posts, causing their mouths to water in search of the perfect recipe.
Author Archive Styles
We’ve made sure to add styling for author archives within Yumblog, making it easy for you to link to recipes added by any contributor who has published a post.
Multiple Color Schemes, Endless Possibilities
With the ability to select from a few free color schemes along with an unlimited set of color combinations with WordPress.com Custom Colors add-on, Yumblog makes it easy to customize your blog’s appearance.
Social Icon Menu
Add your social links to the header by enabling the Social Menu that we’ve added to this theme. Then simply add links to your online profiles and you’re all set!
Featured Content Front Page Slider
Yumblog adds support for featured posts and recipes with Jetpack. Simply use the Theme Customizer to define a tag to be used for featured posts and off you go!
The header image dimensions are 385×102. When uploading a custom header image, it can be less than 385 pixels wide and less than 102 pixels tall but never wider or taller than the maximum dimensions.
Adding Featured Post Slider to Homepage
- In the WordPress admin, click Appearance → Customize.
- When the Theme Customizer opens you will see a sample of your site and a sidebar. Click the Featured Content tab.
- Enter a tag in the Tag Name field. The recommended tag to use is “featured” or “feature.”
- Click Save and Close.
- Click Posts and either “Edit” or “Quick Edit” a post you would like to be featured in the Slider.
- In the Tags section add the “Tag name” you added to the Featured Content Customizer earlier.
- Click Update. All done!
- The slider will appear once you have tagged at least two posts with the tag you just selected.
Adding a Social Menu with Links
Yumblog theme contains a custom social menu with popular social menu icons that are displayed in the header. We currently support the following social networks:
Enabling the Social Menu
- Click Appearance → Menus
- Click Create New Menu
- Enter a menu name
- Check the box next to Social and click Save
- To the left of Menu Structure, click the Links tab
- Enter the link to one of your social media profiles here and click Add to Menu
- Enter link text that describes the link (i. e. Jim Henson’s Google+ Profile)
- Once you’ve added all your profiles, click Save Menu.
Embedding Recipes inside Posts
Recipes can be added to your posts using the Recipe Shortcode. Once you’ve added a recipe, it will now appear with a hand-written notepad style.
Custom Header Image
How to change the header image:
- Click on the Appearance → Header
- Upload a new image in the Select Image section by clicking ‘Choose File’ then ‘Upload’
Yumblog supports custom backgrounds.
To change the background image:
- Navigate to Appearance → Background.
- Select one of the existing images or upload a new one by clicking ‘Choose File’ then ‘Upload’
Link Post Format
When using the “link” post format, the first link found within the content of the post will replace the primary heading permalink from any archive or listing template. That means visitors will be able to click the title of a “link” post and go directly to the URL you linked.
- The content width for Yumblog is 560px wide.
- Featured images are set to display at 570px by 400px.
- Slider images are set to display at 660px by 440px.