Designed with hotels, inns, and bed & breakfasts in mind, Stay is the perfect theme for property owners. Take advantage of its Room and Testimonial post types, home page template, large imagery, minimal layout, and responsive design to show off your property to your guests.
Home Page Template
To set up Stay’s Home page template and Slider:
- Create a new page named “Home” (or a different name of your choice) and assign it the Home template under Page Attributes.
- Go to Settings → Reading in your dashboard and select your new “Home” page as the static front page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
- If you previously had a header image on your site’s home page, remove the header image: featured images and header images will interfere with the Slider. To remove the header image navigate to Appearance → Header and click Remove Header Image. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
- Set Featured Images for all of the pages you would like to appear in the Slider. To do this, navigate to the edit screen for each page, go to the Featured Image module on the right of the screen, and add a Featured Image for the page. Featured Images need to be at least 960px wide to appear in the slider. Click Update to save changes.
- Navigate to the Home Slider section of your Customizer. Select up to 6 pages with attached Featured Images of at least 960 px in width. Click Save.
- Content on the home page will be full-width, between the Slider and Home Widget areas.
- The three optional Home Widget areas can be set up in Appearance → Widgets.
Stay has 8 widget areas from which to choose. A header widget area, three optional widget areas on the home page template, and then primary and (optional) secondary widget areas for both pages and posts. On pages, the primary widget area is to the left of the content while the secondary widget area is to the right. On posts, both widget areas are to the right of the content. Widget areas can be setup in Appearance → Widgets.
Stay comes with Reservations Widget, which can be used to add reservation inquiry form to widget areas.
Stay has a single, primary custom menu area below the header, and an optional secondary menu that appears beside the header widget area. Custom Menus can be set up by going to Appearance → Menus. Note that the secondary menu only supports one level (no submenus).
Rooms and Testimonials
Add rooms and testimonials to your site from the admin. Set a rate for your guests, tag your room with its Amenities, and add a featured image for the Room page template. Create a page and assign it the Rooms Template to display a listing of all of your rooms.
Populate testimonials and display them by giving a page the Testimonials Template.
To show the social network links in the footer of your site, define the network links in the Customizer under Social Links.
Custom Header and Background
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
- The main column width is
920with one active sidebar and
- The primary and secondary sidebars on posts and pages are
- The Full Width page template is
- The featured page slider image size is at least
- Individual post featured image is at least