Spun is a minimalist theme that puts the emphasis on your content; extraneous navigation fades away to put your words and images front and center. Whether you’re a writer, photographer, or personal blogger, Spun‘s beautiful typography and responsive design showcase your creativity with subtle elegance.
To make Spun look extra sharp, just assign Featured Images to your posts. These will appear on the home, archive, and search pages as circles. If your post doesn’t have a featured image but does include images, Spun will display the first image attached to the post. If the post has no featured image or attached image, your post’s title will be displayed in the circle.
Spun includes several options, which you can find under Customizer → Theme Options. They allow you to tweak the theme’s appearance to your tastes:
- Always show color circles: Check this box if you’d prefer colored featured images instead of grayscale.
- Always show post titles over circles: Check this box if you always want your post titles to appear on the home, archive, and search pages.
- Fully opaque meta: By default, your site’s header, footer, navigation, and post meta appear faded until you hover over them. If you prefer opaque text there, check this box.
This theme supports Aside, Image, Video, Link, Quote, Gallery, and Status Post Formats, giving these types of posts a unique look. Some examples:
You can add links to your Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Tumblr accounts to your site’s footer by following these steps:
- Connect these services to Publicize, by going to Settings → Sharing.
- Once connected, navigate to the Customizer, where you’ll find a new Connect panel.
- Select the accounts you want to link to and their respective icons will appear in the footer.
Spun supports three columns of widgets in the site’s footer, tucked away in a toggle area underneath your main content. Add some widgets by going to Appearance → Widgets, then click on the plus sign to toggle the widget area open or closed:
Spun has a menu area in the header, which can be set up by going to Appearance → Menus:
Custom Header & Background
You can personalize your site with a custom header under Appearance → Header. This area works especially well for a small logo image, with recommended dimensions of 150 x 150 pixels: The background can also be customized by going to Appearance → Background.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- The main column width is
- The sidebar widths are