Mina Olen is made for both business and portfolio types of sites, allowing you to showcase your most important content on its unique front page template. You can also upload your logo, set global or boxed layouts, and add footer text, all through the Customizer. Of course, all blogging features (like post formats) look great too.
With its responsive layouts, Mina Olen looks just as good on your mobile devices as it does on your desktop (and everything in between).
Theme also cares a lot about accessibility so that your site works on keyboard and screen readers. Web for everyone!
Custom Page Templates
Mina Olen has two Custom Page Templates that are great for business and corporate websites.
Front Page Template
With this template you can showcase your most important pages, latest posts, portfolio items, and testimonials. All of these can be set in the Customizer.
Full Width Page Template
As the name says you can disable sidebar with this template and give you content more room.
Portfolios and testimonials support
The theme has support for portfolios and testimonials, letting your work shine.
You can set front page settings, set a global or boxed layout, upload your logo, and enter your footer text, all in the Customizer.
- 1 Column
- 2 Columns: Content / Sidebar
- 2 Columns: Sidebar / Content (default)
- Use a boxed layout on all pages
Social sharing and custom menus
Your social links can be set in the same way you set up any menu; the resulting social menu links are displayed as icons. There are also two custom menus included in the theme: a primary menu at the top of the page, and a subsidiary menu at the bottom of the page.
Note: The primary menu only supports top-level links and one level of sub items. The subsidiary menu only supports top-level links.
Mina Olen supports Custom Header Images. Their suggested size is 1920 x 379 pixels.
Note! If you set Feature Image at least 1920 x 379 pixels that replaces the original Header Image.
Demo and documentation
Check out the demo and documentation for more details.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- Featured Images are
1920 width and
Thanks for being interested in Mina Olen. Below you can read and watch the most relevant documentation about the theme and what settings can be found under Appearance → Customize. You can set front page settings, set global layout, upload your logo and enter your footer text.
Front page Setup
Mina Olen has one custom page template for showcasing your most important pages, latest posts, random portfolios and testimonials. First, set up your front page.
- Go to Pages → Add New to create a new page to use as the front page.
- Add a title to this page, it can be anything you want.
- Under the Page Attributes window, set the template to Front page.
- Publish the page when done. There is no need to add text content to this page, since it won’t output anywhere. Only selected page content are shown. And posts, portfolios and testimonials. All these can be set in theme Customizer.
- Go to Settings → Reading and click A static front page. In the Front page dropdown, choose the front page you created above.
- When finished, click Save Changes.
In the Customizer, you’ll see the Theme settings tab. In there you can select several things.
- Enter Callout text and link.
- Select the pages you want to show on the front page template. By default, an excerpt is shown, but you can also show full page content.
- Select if you want to show latests posts, random portfolios or testimonials.
That’s it, now you have a cool front page! Here is a video overview of the same process.
Blog Page Setup
If you chose to set up your front page to use the front page template above, you’ll also need to select on which page the posts are shown.
- Go to Pages → Add New to create a new page to use as the blog page.
- Add a title to this page, for example Blog.
- Publish the page when done. There is no need to add text content to this page, since it won’t output anywhere
- Go to Settings → Reading and click A static front page. In the Posts page dropdown, choose the blog page you created above.
- When done, click Save Changes. Your blog page is now displaying your latest posts.
Global and boxed layout
By default, the theme has a 2-column layout, content on the left and sidebar on the right. You can change that the other way around. Or you can use one column layout (or the so-called boxed layout). You can do that under Appearance → Customize and from there select Theme.
- 1 Column
- 2 Columns: Content / Sidebar
- 2 Columns: Sidebar / Content
- Use boxed layout in all pages
Note! The front page template and some of the archive pages are always one column layout. This is the intended behaviour.
Check out the video tutorial.
A logo can be uploaded with the Theme Customizer. Check out the video for instructions.
Enter footer text
Footer text can also be set in the Customizer.
Social menu setup
There are three menus in Mina Olen. The primary menu is at the top of the page, the subsidiary at the bottom of the page, and the social menu is at the bottom of the page. The social menu is really cool because you can set your social links in the same way you set up any menu. You can change the order and enter only those social links you want.
- Go to Appearance → Menus and create new menu.
- On the left side select Links.
- In URL field you can for example enter https://facebook.com or https://github.com and Link text could be Facebook or Github.
- Add link to menu. Do the same in all your social menus.
- All the Genericon social links are supported.
- Save your menu and assign it to Social menu location.
- That’s it. Go to your site, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you’ll see your social menu icons.
Here is a video tutorial of the same process.