Creative is a portfolio theme for designers, photographers, and other creative individuals to showcase work beautifully. Designed to work across all devices and screen sizes, Creative offers unique portfolio features and supports popular features like infinite scroll, featured content, and more.
Showcase your Portfolio
Creative makes it easy to share your work with prospective clients, friends, and family. With a customizable grid of projects and a flexible single-project view, adding your work is easy and gives you a professional look. Learn how to set up your portfolio and use the portfolio shortcode.
Easy Project Categorization and Tagging
With project tags and project types, visitors can filter your work and dive into specific sections of your portfolio quickly and easily.
Showcase your best work on the front page of your site by tagging content as “featured.” Featured items will be shown at the top of the page in a slider. You can even customize the speed and transition to fit your style.
Add a Site Logo
Creative lets you upload a Site Logo – and allows you to keep your logo when you switch to another theme that supports the Site Logo feature. No need to upload a new image for the header, simply upload your logo once and take it with you no matter what.
Here’s the Site Logo in action:
Share Case Studies on your Blog
Blog posts with the Creative theme are simply stunning, with incredible typography and a beautiful three-column layout that puts the focus on your content.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
- The main column width is
- Featured images work best with images that are at least
- Custom header image is best at
- The primary sidebar (right) width is
- Widgets in the footer widget area are
- The header image size is at least
200 tall, the width can vary and the image will scale to fit inside the header.
- Portfolio images should be at least
800 wide and a 5:4 ratio is recommended.
Make your site like the demo
- Create a page by going to Pages → Add New, then title the page and choose the ‘Homepage’ template and save. This will allow you to create the look of the homepage from the demo.
- Go to Appearance → Customize
- Go to Front and choose ‘A static page’. Here you will choose the page you created in step one as the Front Page and Blog as your Posts Page.
- Then go to Theme where you can customize settings:
- To edit the sections below the featured slider on the homepage demo; ‘Recent Projects’ and ‘Writings’, choose Front Page Settings.
Here you will see the title, description and anchor text for these sections, feel free to edit as you would like.
- Also within Theme, you can customize your Portfolio and Slider settings.
Here’s the settings of the demo:
- Next set up the Homepage Slider by following the directions below.
To add to the portfolio, follow the steps here.
- Go to Appearance → Customize.
- Expand the Featured Content section in the Customizer.
- Add a word to the Tag Name field; we suggest using the tag featured to keep things simple since this is the Featured Content Slider.
- You have several customization options; you can hide the custom tag from displaying the item page and tag clouds and display tag content in all listings.
- Click the Save button and Close the Customizer.
- Portfolio items and Blog Posts both can be added to the Feature Slider. To do so, go to the Portfolio item or Blog Post that you would like to add, and add a tag using the custom word from Step 3 (we suggested using the word featured).
- Update the Post or Portfolio and head over to the homepage of your site to check out the super duper awesome Feature Slider! Once two or more Posts or Portfolio items have the specified tag, then the slider will appear on the homepage.
The image that will show up in the Featured Content Slider on the Homepage is whatever image that is set as Featured Image on a Portfolio item or Blog Post. Learn about Featured Images.
Remember, the Portfolio item or Blog Post must have the correct tag associated with it for the item to be displayed in the Featured Slider.
We suggest making all Featured Images for items you want to add to the Featured Slider that same exact size. For example, make all images that will be in the Featured Slider 1400×600 pixels or whatever you like. The size of the Featured Slider will adjust to fit the images, which is great because it lets you decide what size you want images to display at, but if you use different-sized Featured Images it can look a little weird when the Featured Slider rotates between images.
Custom Header Image
- Go to Appearance → Customize.
- Expand the Header Image section in the Customizer.
- Click Add new image. This will open your Media and there you choose an area within an already uploaded image or upload a new image. We recommend a header size of 1170 x 85 pixels.
- Click Crop Image
- Then you will see your new header within the Customizer.
Without Custom Header
With Custom Header
- If you want to choose another image you can click Hide image or Add new image again.
You can easily add your Site Logo to Creative. Learn how to set up Site Logo.
Adding a Social Menu with Links
Creative contains a custom social menu with popular social menu icons that are displayed in the footer. It currently supports the following social networks:
Learn how to enable the Social Menu.