Vision is a theme designed for artists, photographers and other people with a love of strong visuals. The homepage and archive pages are designed to be quickly scannable so that you can easily see what the site is about. The dark background makes your content really stand out.
Whilst Vision was designed for artists and photographers to showcase their work – it’s equally comfortable being used by bloggers, scrapbookers and writers who want to add a bit of visual flair to their site.
Your Design, Everywhere
Vision has been designed to look good on all devices – from desktop computers and laptops, through smartphones and tablets (Android and iOS). Vision looks great everywhere.
Featured Content Slider
Vision includes support for Featured Content – allowing you to showcase the most important work/ photos/ blog posts on your site. The 4 most recent posts tagged as featured content will be displayed in a slider on the homepage. To enable the slider simply select the post tag you want to use and enter it on the “Appearance → Customize → Featured Content” page in the Featured Content area. Then, just tag up the posts you want to be flagged as special and Vision will add them in automatically. As you can see in the screenshot above – the Featured content looks great when it has a Featured Image selected.
Vision supports the image post format. The use of this post format changes how the posts are displayed on the homepage, allowing you to hide the post excerpt, and instead display a larger image with the post title overlaid. You can either use this to add some variety to the page layout (as shown in the Vision theme demo) or change all blog posts over to give a more gallery styled feel to your site.
Note that there is also a third option for the homepage and post archives, and that is not to set a featured image. Doing this will display the entire post content – which is good for making textual information stand out clearly.
Testimonials from happy customers and clients are important to include on your site to establish trust and encourage potential customers. With Forefront, you can add testimonials easily by going to Testimonials → Add New. You can also add an optional customer image or logo as a featured image.
Two randomly chosen testimonials appear on the front page so that every testimonial has an equal chance to be seen. All testimonials are displayed in a testimonial archive page. Once you have published a testimonial, you will be able to use the Theme Customizer to edit the page title, add an intro text and a featured image.
Vision uses a series of custom sidebars to allow you to keep things nice and flexible.
- Footer Widgets – widgets to display in the footer of the site. These widgets will hide if they are left empty. This widget will display on all pages.
- Right Widgets on Blog pages – these widgets display on blog pages and single pages. They do not show up on the homepage or archive pages. The widgets will hide if they are left empty.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- At full width with the sidebar enabled the main column width is
- At full width with the sidebar disabled, or on the full width page template, the main column width is
- Please keep in mind that this theme is responsive, which means that it changes size as the browser is resized.
- The post thumbnails (on the homepage) for standard format posts are
340pixels wide and
- The post thumbnails (on the homepage) for image format posts are
340pixels wide and
- The featured content post thumbnails used in homepage slider are
720pixels wide and
- All featured Images are generated from the same initial image so make sure to keep the focus of the image in the center as the surrounding content may be cropped.