The Profile Theme is designed to be a hub for everything about you. It’s the perfect solution for an online resume, portfolio and professional presence. The theme features many social media links, a front page slideshow, full-width header image and more!
If you have been in search of the perfect theme to showcase the best of you, the Profile Theme is what you have been looking for!
Homepage Portfolio Display
Display your work, articles, photos, or other media directly on the homepage in an elegantly-windowed responsive slider which adapts to your viewer’s device and resolution.
Profile boasts a fluid responsive layout — so your photography will display beautifully across mobile devices. Images and galleries will scale up and down seamlessly when resizing the browser window. Whether viewing the photo blog on the phone, or presenting work to a client on a tablet, you can feel confident Profile will maximize the viewing experience.
Home Page Template
Profile features a Home Page Template that displays a slideshow of Featured Images from any post category specified in the Theme Options. In addition, you can optionally display a featured page and Widgets beneath the slideshow within the Theme Options.
Full Width Blog
Displaying large images in their full glory on the blog is a breeze! If you don’t want a sidebar with widgets on your blog — don’t add any. It’s that simple. The blog will look spectacular with or without widgets
The Other Goodies
Many other goodies you’ve come to know and love with WordPress are also available with Profile — including the Custom Header and Background, Custom Menus, Widgets, Full Width Page Template and more.
Main Logo (Portait)
- Navigate to Appearance → Customize
- Click “Logo”
- Follow on-screen instructions
Using the Home Page Template?
Applying the Home Page Template to the front page of your site is simple!
- Create a Page, preferably titled “Home“
- Set the Home Page Template within the Page Attributes
- Navigate to Settings > Reading within the Dashboard
- Choose the option to display a static page for the Front page
- Select your newly created “Home” page from the Front page drop down list. Note: The Posts page will display your posts in the blog format.
- Save the changes
Your homepage text will appear as a one-column block by default. To make the homepage text appear in two columns like the demo photo below, follow these instructions.
Navigate to Pages and click on the page you created for the Home Page to edit it
- Click on “Text” to switch from “Visual” to full text editing
- To make the first column, place the following div code before and after the text you want in the first column, like so:
<div class="two-column first">This text inside the div code is what will appear in your first column!</div>
- To make the second column, place the following div code before and after the text you want in the first column, like so:
<div class="two-column last">This text inside the div code is what will appear in your second column!</div>
- Save the changes
You can manage the featured slideshow on the Home Page Template by following the instructions below. Additional options for displaying a featured page of your choice beneath the slideshow are available within the Theme Options.
Homepage Image Gallery
- Navigate to Appearance → Customize → Featured Content
- Enter the name of a tag
- Click the blue “Save” button at the bottom
Once a tag name has been saved, posts having this tag will appear in the featured content section. You can specify an image to be displayed with each post by setting a featured image. The suggested size for featured images is 880 pixels wide and 496 pixels high.
Three-Column Page Template
- When creating a new page, choose “Three Column” under Page Attributes → Template
- Be sure to add widgets to both “Left Sidebar” and “Right Sidebar” under Appearance → Widgets
Note: Left sidebar widgets will only be displayed on pages that use the “Three Column” template.