Pictorico is a single-column, grid-based portfolio theme with large featured images and a post slider, perfect for photoblogging or a portfolio site.
To set up Pictorico‘s post slider:
- Navigate to Appearance → Customize → Featured Content.
- Enter the name of a tag.
- Click the blue Save button at the bottom.
- Create a post with a featured image that’s at least 1180px wide.
- Give the post the tag you declared under Appearance → Customize → Featured Content.
Pictorico looks its best when you assign a Featured Image to your posts. Featured images appear on the blog index and archives; if no featured image is set, a solid background color is shown instead.
If a Featured Image is assigned to a page or post, the image will appear in the header on single post view — otherwise, if you set a custom header it will be displayed.
Post Formats & Sticky Posts
Sticky Posts and Post Formats are designated with an icon to the right of the post date on the blog index and archives.
Pictorico supports the following Post Formats: Aside, Image, Video, Link, and Quote.
You can configure up to four widget areas in the footer by going to Appearance → Widgets.
This theme includes one navigation menu in the header. By default it will display your Pages, but you can also assign a custom menu to the Primary Menu area under Appearance → Menus.
Custom Header and Background
The best custom header images are decorative background images. The image will be cropped for small viewports (not scaled down) to fit the available area fixed for height and width. This means header images that work best with this theme are abstract or decorative images.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- The main column width is
- The footer widget area widths vary depending on the number of active areas.
- Featured Images work best at a minimum of