Bonjour, mes amis! Petite Melodies is a sweet illustrated theme with lots of texture and whimsical charm. It’s perfect for artsy, crafty blogs with a playful style. Read on to find out how to personalize this beautiful theme.
Petite Melodies comes in three styles that are sure to delight: My Petite Melodies (default), Un Blog, or Pencils and Crayons. Each one features a fanciful color scheme with sweet illustrations to match. These can be changed by going to Appearance -> Theme Options in your Dashboard.
Additional Theme Options
Petite Melodies includes several ways to personalize your blog under Appearance -> Theme Options.
In addition to the Theme Style, you can also choose your blog’s layout with the Blog Style setting:
- “Showcase” displays your posts in a gallery-like arrangement, as small thumbnails with titles underneath. In this case, Sticky posts are featured with a larger post thumbnail and post excerpt. This is the default style, and it is perfect for blogs that regularly use featured images. Note: This setting works best with multiples of 4 posts per page for “Blog pages show at most” under Settings → Reading.
- “Standard” acts like a regular blog, displaying the full post content with a large featured image above each post. This style is best for blogs that have mostly text and fewer featured images.
Greet your readers or tell them a little about yourself with this handy message area. If filled in, your message will appear at the top of the sidebar, like so:
You can also include links to your Facebook, Twitter, and/or Email accounts, and their respective icons will be placed prominently in the sidebar of your blog, like so:
Petite Melodies includes one widget area, the Sidebar, which displays a search field, archives, and meta by default if no widgets are configured in Appearance -> Widgets.
Custom Background and Header
Petite Melodies supports one custom menu in the header. The theme will fall back to display your pages if the Primary Menu is not configured and saved. You also have the option of adding a menu to the sidebar using a Custom Menu widget.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- The main content column width is
- The sidebar width is
- Sticky featured images (Showcase blog style) and featured images (Standard blog style) are
- Small featured images (Showcase blog style) are
- The default custom header image dimensions are a suggested