Opti is a blog theme for WordPress, that has magazine elements. We wanted to make something that was somewhere between a blog and a magazine allowing bloggers to create intricate attractive sites that show off their content. Opti makes your content shine.
At the top of the homepage is a featured content space. This highlights your most recent post bringing attention to your latest content.
To the left of the homepage there are some optional homepage categories. These let you give your visitors a taster of the content on your website, and allow you to direct the content as you want. In the theme control panel you can edit some settings related to the homepage categories. Specifically you can disable them if you don’t want them to display. You can select which categories display in this space, and you can choose how many posts are displayed with each category. All of these things give you the ability to make your homepage look the way you want!
On the blog posts we have added a custom related posts space. This selects related posts based upon the current blog posts category and is designed to encourage your visitors to travel around your blog finding new content. Of course, if you don’t like it then there’s an option to disable this in the theme settings.
Opti uses a series of custom sidebars to allow you to keep things nice and flexible.
- Sidebar Widgets – a right hand sidebar. If there are no widgets to display then the sidebar will be hidden and the content will stretch to full width.
- Footer Widgets (x4) – widgets to display in the footer of the site. These widgets will hide if they are left empty.
Opti includes some custom page templates. These give you some additional functionality that you wouldn’t get with a normal theme.
- Archives – A chronological list of all posts published on your blog.
- Full Width Page – A normal WordPress page, only it has the sidebars removed so that you can have content that stretches the full width of the site.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- At full width the main column width is
701except in the full-width layout where it’s
- The sidebar width is
- Please keep in mind that this theme is responsive, which means that it changes size as the browser is resized.
- The featured post thumbnails (on the homepage) are
345pixels wide by
- The smaller post thumbnails are
105pixels wide by
- The category archive thumbnail images are
- All featured Images are generated from the same initial image so make sure to keep the focus of the image in the center as the surrounding content may be cropped.