Motif is the perfect business theme. It’s highly flexible, with a clean design (based on the Paradigm Theme) optimized for viewing on any device.
Front Page Template
The front page template offers three sections to highlight your content:
- A featured area with a large featured image, and an overlay containing the page content.
- Two widget areas that allow you to add a selection of widgets, which are displayed in two columns.
- A testimonial area that displays two randomly-selected testimonials, to keep it fresh and interesting.
Follow these three easy steps to add a front page to your site:
- From your dashboard, go to Pages and create a new page or edit an existing page. Then, in the Page Attributes module, assign the front page template to the page.
- Go to Settings → Reading and set “Front page displays” to “A static page.”
- In the dropdown menus, select the page you just assigned the front page template to in Step 1 as “Front page.” Choose any of your other pages as “Posts page:” this is where your blog posts will be displayed.
Motif supports a custom header image that you can use to upload your own logo. You can choose to display the header text or hide it.
To upload your image, go to Appearance → Header. The maximum size of the image is 320 x 110 pixels.
Full-width and grid page templates
The full-width page template doesn’t have a sidebar, so it features an even larger content area. It’s great for showing off your best content.
The grid page template is ideal for showcasing your products, presenting your team members, or displaying your portfolio items. Once you assign this page template to a page, you’ll need to create and publish sub-pages (or child pages) for the grid to appear. The featured image, the title, and an excerpt from each sub-page creates a grid item.
The grid page template shows the title, featured image, and excerpt of each of its child pages. For best results, use excerpts when you create the page content.
Motif features a dedicated testimonial archive page and displays two randomly-selected testimonials on the front page template.
To add a testimonial, go to Testimonials → Add New in your dashboard. Testimonials are composed of the testimonial text itself, the name of the customer, and an image or logo (which can be added as a featured image).
You can add the testimonial archive to a custom menu using a custom link. The testimonial archive page can be found at http://mygroovysite.wordpress.com/testimonial/ — just replace http://mygroovysite.wordpress.com/ with the URL of your website.
Once you have published a testimonial, you will find, under the Testimonials menu in the dashboard, a link that takes you to the Customizer. There, you can edit the archive page title, add an intro text, and assign a featured image.
Motif offers six different widget areas:
- Main Sidebar widget area which appears on the right on pages using the default template, including blog pages.
- Three optional footer widget areas displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Two optional widget areas on the front page template.
Customize even more
Motif supports Custom Backgrounds, enabling you to use a color or an image of your choice as the background of your site.
Additionally, if you buy the Custom Design upgrade, you can change fonts and color settings so that your site visually matches your brand’s look.