Mimbo Pro is a magazine theme for WordPress. Unlike a traditional blog theme it takes your content and formats it in a structured way grouped by category. Using all of the standard WordPress functionality, custom headers, custom backgrounds, post thumbnails, custom navigation and more – Mimbo Pro makes your content look awesome.
Mimbo Pro Features
Below is a short video that highlights some of the key features of the theme.
At the top of the homepage is a featured content space. This lets you show off your most important content. By default you Mimbo Pro displays all posts here – however you can restrict the content to specific categories by using the theme control panel – and selecting a featured category.
Mimbo Pro features a homepage carousel that shows off your featured content. You can edit the carousel settings through the theme options.
The carousel options allow you to change the carousel categories, the scroll speed of the category. 0 = no automatic scrolling, and a number greater than 0 is the amount of time to pause between scrolling. If you want you can also hide the carousel by selecting the hide option in the category selection.
Mimbo Pro allows you to edit the theme colours from the theme customiser. This is a powerful feature that gives you the ability to make the theme fit your design and branding as closely as possible.
Mimbo Pro allows you to display your categories on the homepage along with the 4 latest posts. We call this section the category summaries. By default all categories are displayed, however you can limit the theme to specific categories through the control panel.
Mimbo Pro uses a series of custom sidebars to allow you to keep things nice and flexible.
- Sidebar Left – the default left hand sidebar.
- Sidebar Right – the right hand sidebar as displayed on the homepage.
- Sidebar Single Post Left – the left hand sidebar to use on single post pages. This is optional, if you leave it empty then the Sidebar Left will be used.
- Sidebar Single Post Right – This is another optional sidebar. Leave it empty and it will be hidden. Add widgets and it will be displayed on the single posts pages within the post content.
- Bottom Widgets – footer widgets. These will be displayed side by side in the footer. It’s recommended that you use 3 widgets since there are three columns, however you can use as many as you like.
Mimbo Pro includes some custom widgets that are unique to the theme.
- Upcoming Posts – this widgets lists any posts that you have scheduled for posting in the future.
- Related Posts (by category) – lists other posts that are in the category/ categories that the current post is in.
- Popular Posts – lists posts ranked by comment count. The more comments a post has, the more popular it must be!
- Author Details – displays some information about the post author. Only shows on the single post pages and won’t be visible on archive pages, or the homepage.
Mimbo Pro includes some custom page templates. These give you some additional functionality that you wouldn’t get with a normal theme.
- Archives – A chronological list of all posts published on your blog.
- Full Width Page – A normal WordPress page, only it has the sidebars removed so that you can have content that stretches the full width of the site.
- Image Gallery – A page that displays all the image attachments on the site and links to their respective pages – nice for visual sites.
- Sitemap – A complete list of all website posts and pages.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- The main column width is
630except in the full-width layout where it’s
- The sidebar width is